Lets keep this short and sweet, here goes. PCs are awesome machines for gaming, work, and entertainment alike for many reasons. This includes, but is not limited to, the following reasons listed below.
- PC gaming as a whole is much cheaper than console gaming. Especially in the long run, it can be less than half of what a console will cost you. Hidden fees, price hikes, and royalties are abundant for gamers AND developers in the console industry.
- PC hardware offers better bang-for-buck & value than console hardware (same performance for less money, more performance for the same money, or much more performance for a bit more money).
- PCs have the freedom to upgrade whenever YOU decide to, not when Sony or Microsoft decide to. If you just got a big paycheck and wanted to sell your R7 260 to a friend for $50 and buy an R9 380 for $150 tomorrow, you could do it.
- PCs easily work with TVs and monitors, and even multiple of each.
- PCs can use nearly every console controller ever made, modern ones (PS3/PS4/X360/XO) work without even needing a USB adapter.
- Gaming services and “social services” on the PC are completely free, even with online play (Steam, Galaxy, Desura, Mumble, etc)
- Gaming services on the PC offer more functionality than what you pay for on a console
- PCs have better better multiplayer support (LAN, 16x local multiplayer on the same machine with softXpand)
- Using a modern budget GPU yields around 60 frames per second during gameplay with recent game releases. Consoles can barely reach 30FPS most of the time.
- Not only can PC’s be used for education, entertainment, gaming, and content creation… they’re the best at all of these things.
- PCs are much more powerful than the PS4 or XBox One at the same (traditionally believe to be affordable!) price point
- More exclusives than all the current-gen consoles combined
- PC games have free modifications and enhancements available. Old games and new games alike have player-made content, graphical enhancements, and additions available for free. Even Minecraft.
- Increasingly cheaper hardware for the price as new GPUs are released
- Big Picture mode for couch gaming
- Easier to repair and highly modular
- Backward and forward hardware compatibility of ~2 years
- No punishments for repairing
- Easier to upgrade
- Better price-performance than consoles
- Higher graphical details (lighting, textures, foliage, particles, shading, weather)
The Personal Computer is a constantly evolving platform. It grows in power, capability, and value every single year. It’s also free of the control of any single entity, which are why many of these advantages now exist. Rather than being regulated by a single company, control and improvement influence over the PC belongs to everyone equally. Even you, the consumers, have the full freedom to create or sell software, games, and hardware for it. It’s being constantly improved by competing companies and individuals all over the spectrum, and all of them are trying to offer you (and potential developers) the best experience possible.
Sources : r/pcmasterrace